Step by step instructions on how to connect the Wii to the Internet using a wireless connection.
What to do:
- Power on your Wii console and press the A Button on the Wii Remote to reach the Wii main menu. Use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button.
- Select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System Settings" menu.
- Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select "Internet."
- Select "Connection Settings."
- Select "Connection 1: None."
- If you do not have an empty connection slot, you will need to clear a slot.
- Click on "Wireless Connection," then click "Search for an Access Point."
- Select the wireless network that is yours.
Asked to enter a security key?
If you are prompted to "Enter the Password or Key," then the wireless network you are trying to connect to has wireless security turned on. You will need to type in your security key or password and select "OK."
- Select "OK," "Save Settings," and then "Yes."
- The Wii console will run a connection test with your wireless network. When the test is completed, you should see the following screen:
As long as you see "The connection test was successful," the "Wii Support Code" does not matter and can be ignored.
- If the connection test succeeds, then your Wii is now connected to the internet.!
- If the connection test was not successful, you will receive an error code.
- Error Code 51330 or 52130: This means the security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again. Please refer to step eight (8) above for more information.
- All other error codes: Try error code troubleshooting where we have detailed information on many common error codes. (You can ignore any "Wii Support Code" you receive on a connection test.)