Motorola Canopy Wireless Troubleshooting Tips
To help assist you with support, the following is a list of common issues that are easily resolved by
following these simple troubleshooting tips:
I have no connection to the Internet
Loss of connection may happen for several reasons, but usually means that some device on your home network has lost connectivity.
Check the following:
1. Make sure the power adapter (also called Power over Ethernet or POE) for the roof antenna is plugged firmly in the electrical outlet.
2. Make sure the physical network cables are connected to the wall plug, to the computer and to any routers.
3. Make sure all routers are plugged in and powered.
If this does not solve the issue do the following:
Power cycle the roof antenna (also called “the radio”) by unplugging the power adapter. Wait thirty seconds and plug the adapter back in.
NOTE: If the power adapter is plugged into apower strip, power cycle the power adapter itself, not the power strip.
2. If you have a router, wireless router or other network device, then power cycle the device(s) by unplugging the power. Wait 30 seconds and plug the device back in.
NOTE: If the router/device is plugged into a power strip, power cycle the router/device itself not the power strip.
3. Make sure the Internet and network settings for your computer are correct and reboot your computer.